Yes,  I use IIS6 built in GZip compression with Flex with no problems.
We're using Flex WebServices and HttpServices against .NET Web
Services.  I did have to manually edit the IIS6 Metabase.xml to include
ASMX and ASHX in the list of dynamically compressible extensions.  The
configuration required messy several steps, I followed the walk-through at:

http://weblogs.asp.net/owscott/archive/2004/01/12/57916.aspx

- Kelly