I figured that out :) I am working around this now.

On 26 Mar 2007 11:27:01 -0700, Alex Harui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

   event.result might be object instance #123923879

You've assigned it to both newTestGroup and groups so your sharing.

 ------------------------------
*From:* flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On
Behalf Of *Clint Tredway
*Sent:* Monday, March 26, 2007 8:40 AM
*To:* flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
*Subject:* [flexcoders] weird ArrayCollection issue

 I have to arrayCollections that I am assigning the same data to.

I am adding an item to one of the collections but that item is getting
set to both collections, wth??

code is here:

newTestGroup = event.result as ArrayCollection;
groups = event.result as ArrayCollection;
var arr:Object = {testGroupId:0,testGroupName:"Show All",dsn_source:dsn};
groups.addItemAt(arr,0);

any help wold be appreciated..

one last thing. if I alter the newTestGroup collection, the same thing
happens to the groups collection.
--
http://indeegrumpee.spaces.live.com/

--