Alright, ignore that, I was recycling the request object. So here is
the big issue.  I can make a call to this server and set some headers
that will get my session setup.  Then I reuse the same request with
the upload but I no longer have any session info.  What is going on
with these upload requests?  It does not share cookies from other
requests made.

Paul

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/201/langref/flash/net/URLRequestHeader.ht