You may need to involve the server to accomplish this.  I typically
get this behavior by streaming content through a server side page
that sets the Content-Disposition header to "attachment;
filename=someFile.txt".  That header is what lets the browser know it
should display the [Save][Open] dialog.  Ont the Flex side, I just
invoke the server-side page with navigateToURL().

HTH,
Doug

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Battershall, Jeff"