Instead of using the "\w" which is short hand for word characters,
just insert your own charactar ranges you consider valid word
characters.

\w is does not always include the same character sets across all the
different implementations of regular expressions.

Hope that helps... probably good to get a good primer article on
regular expressions, they are powerful... yet until you understand
all the rules and options you have they are the most confusing things.

--Scott