Anyone,

I've got a set of ColdFusion 6.1 CFC's that are currently being
consumed via the flash gateway (/flashServices/gateway) with Flash MX.

We are trying to consume the CFC's via the same gateway but with Flex
2 instead of Flash MX.  We've changed the encoding to AMF0.

When we do this we are running into an issue where we are getting the
following error on the client:
TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert
[EMAIL PROTECTED] to mx.messaging.messages.ErrorMessage"

And the following error in the server "flash.log" file:
"You are not allowed to access the service null. The service is not in
the configured whitelist."

I have not found any references to people successfully connecting to
CF6.1 FlexGateway without using webservices... so really wondering if
this is even possible.

Any ideas?  Code follows.

TIA

Tom Kirstein

========= Current version of Code used =============
=== NOTE: The MarketingCalenderRO is instantiated ==
===       in the calling app                      ==

======== MAPNetConnectionChannel.as =============

package com.mindoverdata.client.marketingcalendar
{
        import mx.messaging.channels.AMFChannel;
        import flash.net.ObjectEncoding;

        public class MAPNetConnectionChannel extends AMFChannel
        {
                public function MAPNetConnectionChannel(id:String, uri:String)
                {
                        super(id, uri);
                        this.netConnection.objectEncoding = ObjectEncoding.AMF0;
                        this.pollingEnabled = false;

                }

                override public function get protocol():String {
                        return "http";

========== MarketingCalenderRO.as  ================

package model
{
        import mx.rpc.remoting.RemoteObject;
        import mx.messaging.ChannelSet;
        import mx.messaging.Channel;
        import flash.net.ObjectEncoding;
        import mx.messaging.channels.AMFChannel;
        import mx.messaging.channels.NetConnectionChannel;
        import
com.mindoverdata.client.marketingcalendar.MAPNetConnectionChannel;
        import mx.rpc.events.FaultEvent;

        public dynamic class MarketingCalenderRO extends RemoteObject
        {

                public function MarketingCalenderRO(destination:String=null)
                {
                        trace ("MArketingCalenderRO()");
                        //TODO: implement function
                        super(destination);
                        this.source = "components.marketingcalendar";
                        this.channelSet = getChannelSet();
                        this.addEventListener(FaultEvent.FAULT,onFault);

                }

                private function onFault (fault:FaultEvent):void {
                        trace ("DANGER!!!");

                }

                private function getChannelSet():ChannelSet {
                var cSet:ChannelSet = new ChannelSet();
                //This works with CF 7.0.2
                        //var customChannel:Channel = new AMFChannel("my-cfamf",
"http://dev.client.myDomain.com/flex2gateway/";);

//***********************************************************************************8
                        //these lines are trying to get into the
flashservices/gateway
                        //var customChannel:AMFChannel= new
AMFChannel("my-cfamf",
"http://dev.client.myDomain.com/flashservices/gateway/";);
                        //var customChannel:NetConnectionChannel= new
NetConnectionChannel("my-cfamf",
"http://dev.client.myDomain.com/flashservices/gateway/";);
                        var customChannel:MAPNetConnectionChannel= new
MAPNetConnectionChannel("my-cfamf",
"http://dev.client.myDomain.com/flashservices/gateway/";);
                        customChannel.netConnection.objectEncoding =
ObjectEncoding.AMF0;
                        // Add the Channel to the ChannelSet.

                        //end flash services code

                        cSet.addChannel(customChannel);