From: dordea cosmin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2007 1:27:44 AM
Subject: Re: [flexcoders]PHP and Flex questions

When a Flex application in a browser communicates with a php page for the first
time a session is created. This is the same behavior as user receiving a PHP
page in their browser.
 - true , but the session is created only if the php installed in your server
is configured to auto start a session or you manually start the session in your
scrip.

- This session that is created last indefinitely with Flex applications because
Flex keeps the connection open / session alive on the server.

I am not  sure if  this is 100% true , but i believe by default , the http
headers send Connection: Keep-Alive, so sessions remain alive. In my
application it works okay, session doesn't expire while flex application runs.
However, I believe if you send custom HTTP headers this behavior can be lost.

- Flex keeps the connection alive by periodically pinging the server.
same as above

- Sessions will never timeout due to this behavior.
same as above

- When the user navigates away from the Flex application the session will
timeout on the server.

 true , it will timeout in the time specified in your php.ini

To manually timeout a session on the server call a page or function that
executes this code " session.destroy( );" <-- not sure what the recommended
method to clear the session on the server.

- true , depending on your php session you will call the correct function to
destroy the session

Hope this helps.

Can someone tell me if these statements are true or false and if false what is
the correct answer?

- When a Flex application in a browser communicates with a php page for the
first time a session is created. This is the same behavior as user receiving a
PHP page in their browser.

- This session that is created last indefinitely with Flex applications because
Flex keeps the connection open / session alive on the server.

- Flex keeps the connection alive by periodically pinging the server.

- Sessions will never timeout due to this behavior.

- When the user navigates away from the Flex application the session will
timeout on the server.

- To manually timeout a session on the server call a page or function that
executes this code " session.destroy( );" <-- not sure what the recommended
method to clear the session on the server.

Any answers will help even partial.

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time