You can use the Base64Encoder class to encrypt your passwords within
flex then pass via your HTTPService.  If you don't have flex
builder, I can help with the API of that class.  Otherwise there's
also the corelib.swc - I don't know where I got it from though,
probably google it to find it... it has a lot more encryption stuff
(MD5 for instance).  Hope this helps!

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "André Rodrigues Pena"