are they returning in linear order? in an application i'm working on i make
three different service request calls. i'll see if i can find out how to
cancel them.

On 07 Apr 2007 23:48:50 -0700, Ray Horn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  I too ran into this sort of problem however I chose to build a REST
Serialization mechanism that guarantees I can queue-up requests as deep as I
need and then execute them serially since that is the way my REST backend
needs the requests in order to maintain database state.

----- Original Message ----
From: coderdude2 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, April 7, 2007 5:05:02 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Sending multiple HTTPService requests - how to
really cancel all but the last

 I'm using several HTTPService calls to plain old REST API's on the
backend.

If the end user clicks some of the UI controls multiple times quickly,
many calls to these services get queued up, and it can take a long
time for all the data to be retrieved.

For ex. clicking on a list box item sends requests to refresh all the
data, and if the user were to use the keyboard to quickly scroll
through the listbox, many many calls would get queued up.

I've tried setting the concurrency= "last" on the httpservices, but it
appears the only effect of that is to make the UI change only when the
last dataset is received, but still all the service calls continue to
be queued and there is a long delay after making many calls.

I've also tried <httpservice> .disconnect( ) and .cancel() before making
any new backend call but it didn't appear to have any effect as far as
preventing many calls from getting queued up.

Thanks in advance for any ideas. I know I could also look into
retrieving all the data only once and doing local Flex filtering on it
rather than getting the data fresh from the backend each time, but for
now it's just easier to make the backend calls and use the DB to do
the proper filtering and querying.