I am still not sure of the proper way to filter and bind the data. Are
separate ArrayCollections necessary?

-------Reference Message -------

I am writing a flex application that stores a dataset in an
arrayCollection
 called stats. Through use of the application, the
stats:ArrayCollection is
 updated.

 One particular state of the application has 3 charts covering stats for
 thisWeek, thisMonth and thisQuarter.

 Right now, I have a single chart working and want to add in the other
two.
 Since the base data for each chart is stored in stats:ArrayCollection
what
 should I use as the dataProvider for each chart?

 Can I simply make a function for each period and use the function as the
 dataProvider? If I do it this way, will the charts update when the base
 arrayCollection is changed?

 My original thought was to store 3 additional arrayCollection
objects, one
 for each period and update the correct object when the data changes. This
 doesn't seem like the most elegant manner to handle the situation. Any
 advice is appreciated.

 Dan Wilson