Thanks Tom and Tracy. Sorry for the delayed response. My server is
actually not even running...and SuperMicro just said to RMA it. Blah.

I definitely want to do this, in the bigger scheme, myself, and I
think it would be a useless endeavour to be asking you guys to build
this for me...there's no enjoyment in that:) I hope that's not how I
come across...I definitely want to feel the pride I can in seeing this
thing when I finally turn the key and the lights go on...

The front end, this part anyways (gallery mechanism), is almost
completely how I want it, and the db is both on paper and in Access
pretty much ready to go (for the whole thing - galleries, rating
system, blog, image comments, user identification...I'm sure things
will pop up as I build, but the core of what at least the USER will be
considering, is built in the db). The middle is where I am having all
of my problems (excluding the one desire for an Adjacency modeled
gallery table...which I can handle perfectly painlessly if I keep it XML).

I'll keep going on what I have, and try to work one step at a time. My
biggest problem right now is that I don't at all understand Tracy's
original advice as for building the tree, the XML part and not tagging
things to a result, etc. This part of it is purely programmatic, and
abstract, so I can't wrap my head around it. But I'll get there.

The books are starting to make their way to the shelves, too, which
will help tremendously, and I went to an Adobe seminar last night
(CFUG) which showed front-to-back how to deal with a Flex/CF/SQL CRUD
CFC Remoting mechanism...so all the parts are there, waiting for me to
understand.

The adjacency scripting will kill me, though, that's for sure LOL.

I'm 38, I have wanted to write something beautiful since I started
POKEing colours and sounds in my VIC 20 (36969 and 36976, 36977,
36978, and white noise, 36879...I think LOL) and there's never been a
better time for that to happen than with Flex and CF making
everything, on some level, at least, approachable.

Shawn