Nate, sorry it is not quite that easy.  You are passing a parameter to
an html file.  The html file has no way to see that arg and pass it to
the Player instance.

This will work if you call the .swf directly, with the querystring
parameter.  Use Application.application.parameters.test.

To do this in a production environment (if the parameters are dynamic)
you will need to have a server platform generate the html file.

The easiest way to do this is to look at the generated html file that
FlexBuilder creates.  In the javascript call, you will need to add your
parameters to the "flashvars" line in AC_FL_RunContent(...  like:

"flashvars",'historyUrl=history.htm%3F&lconid=' + lc_id + "&test=system"
+ '',

Of course you will have the server (asp, jsp...) output the actual value
you want for "system".

Tracy