I've noticed if you put a skin in place then you can't create another
style for specific changes.  Is there a way to overwrite a skin style
to a null value or something to get rid of it in another style?  For
example:

this is my panel style
Panel
{

        closeButtonDisabledSkin: Embed
(source="flex_skins.swf",symbol="Panel_closeButtonDisabledSkin");
        closeButtonDownSkin: Embed
(source="flex_skins.swf",symbol="Panel_closeButtonDownSkin");
        closeButtonOverSkin: Embed
(source="flex_skins.swf",symbol="Panel_closeButtonOverSkin");
        closeButtonUpSkin: Embed
(source="flex_skins.swf",symbol="Panel_closeButtonUpSkin");
        borderSkin: Embed(source="flex_skins.swf",
symbol="Panel_borderSkin");
        titleBackgroundSkin: Embed(source="empty.swf",
symbol="Panel_titleBackgroundSkin");
        borderThicknessLeft: 10;
        borderThicknessRight: 11;
        borderThicknessTop: 0;
        borderThicknessBottom: 3;
        headerHeight: 30;
}

I want a few of my panels to have white backgrounds so i use this
style.

.panel {
   border-alpha: 1;
   border-color: #ffffff;
}

Because I initiated the skin the .panel doesn't work.  Is there a way
to say set the skin style to null so I can get the .panel style to
work?

such as

.panel {
   borderSkin: NULL (blank it out):