I think avoiding repeated code would a great advance if we use an IoC
container that allows us only create the different code and inyect the
shared functionality. Another great thing is AOP that would be a great thing
since many different objects must face equal behaviour and we could do this
as as aspect and inyect it by configuration.
Maybe the problem is to think about how we must to adapt this kind of
functionality to AS3 and Flex and not simply copy from the java/spring world
to Flex.
But for me is clear that many improvements in the upcoming months could be
done with frameworks like Pranaq