When I was writing that e-mail I was thinking about that, as I have some
code that does something similar... so, my argument may be completely
wrong... needs investigation.

Anyone from Adobe care to comment?

Troy.

On 4/21/07, Ronnie Liew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  Hi Troy,

U mentioned that the parent Sprite (root of app) doesn't receive mouse
events because bitmap as a child object doesn't count as a drawn
hitarea. In that case, how come when i create a child sprite with a
bitmap child, that child spirite does receive mouse events? Going by
your argument, the child sprite would need a rectangular graphic drawn
too.

flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>] On