From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Douglas Knudsen
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:47 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Ecplise Out Of Memory Errors

I get this too when using all kinds of plugins and perspectives, running
the Tomcat plugin adds to this too.  Besides raising the memory settings
try:
1) close all perspectives not currently in use. there can be only one!
hehe
2) window > preferences > General   and check show heap status.  This
will enable a heap status monitor in the lower left corner by default.
You can mash the garbage can to force a GC at will.
3) get eclipse updates, occasionally the updates are performance
related, eh?

DK

On 4/24/07, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > wrote:

        >> I can't believe you are getting it with 1300!

        Well...unfortunately, I am getting it (about a dozen times a
day). At the same time the VM size of the javaw executable never comes
close to this 1300Mb. I am clueless and frustrated but not a lot of
people seem to run into the same issue so I must assume it is something
specific to my setup or way of working. I just wish I knew in what
direction to look for that specific characteristic. I am sure I would be
more than happy to get rid of it, if it would keep Eclipse running.