Just set an application level variable in your Application.cfc
onApplicationStart

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Kyle Hayes
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 8:51 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Defining the DSN in a Gateway When using Flex

I will try to explain this the best I can. I am building an application
using ColdFusion and Flex and I want to make sure that I am following
good practice techniques.

I have a root level COM folder which has various packages inside of it.
Inside the com.hayes.myproject package contains the much of the
Gateways, DAOs, and CF VOs for my application. I know that it is good
practice to pass in the name of a datasource when you first initialize a
Gateway or DAO. This would normally not be an issue in a 100% CF
application.

But how do I do that when I am working with Flex? Obviously there is no
way to do it from the RemoteObject from my understanding.

***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this e-mail
in error please notify the sender by return e-mail delete this e-mail and
refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.
***