Thanks Daniel... I'll look into validating first.

--
Mark Walters

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://digitalflipbook.com

On 5/1/07, Daniel Freiman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  I only have two theories.

First, I wouldn't trust condenseWhite on faith alone because the comments
in the code state:

"The 'condenseWhite' property only applies when setting 'htmlText', not
'text'.  Changing 'condenseWhite' after setting 'htmlText' doesn't affect
anything except future settings of 'htmlText'."

Second, it looks like textHeight doesn't check the height of the text, but
instead returns a cached measurement.  If you're setting the text and then
checking the textHeight immediately then you may be getting the wrong
value.  Try calling textArea.validateNow() before checking textHeight.

- Daniel Freiman
nondocs <http://nondocs.blogspot.com>