I thought about that. I don't know how to make it a bitmap yet but
from what i've seen i should be able to fairly easily...and I assume
i can send a bitmap image to the printer.

In my real app i'm taking a few panels and adding them to a vbox
control so I can create "pages" to send to the printer.  I calculate
the height and when the combined height of my panels with text are
taller than a page 700ish pixels high, i create another page... this
also allows me to have a nice print preview screen so they see
exactly how it will print...

--Scott

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, John Mark Hawley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can you make the display object into a bitmap and then print that
instead?

> > From: "scott_flex" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Date: 2007/05/02 Wed AM 08:55:20 CDT
> > To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Html Text does NOT print in same format
as rendered on screen..

> > Here's a small sample app to illustrate what i'm running into..
> >
> > http://www.scottkrause.com/PrintTest/PrintingTest.html
> >
> > Right click to view source.... It's one file.
> >
> > When you click the print button it just adds the text control to
the
> > print job object. You'll notice not all the text is printed...
I've
> > been testing sending the document to the printer as well as (for
> > saving paper) printing to pdf or Microsoft Document Image writer.
> >

> > --Scott
> >

> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Harui" <aharui@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Can you make a really small test case?
> > >

> > > ________________________________

NOT
> > > print.
> > >
> > > I JUST WANT THE Text DISPLAY OBJECT to print on the printer in
the
> > > exact format/rendering as seen on screen... is this not
possible. I
> > > think when you send this text control to the printer, flash
trys to
> > > get smart and not render the text as an image but as text...
which