Ok, I'm not even sure if the topic is right... here's what I'm
trying to do...

I need to call a webservice which has as a parameter a base 64
binary field. This needs to contain a password field in an encrypted
(string) form. This has been provided to me as a string and it is
this exact value I need to send to the webservice.

So I tried first sending it as a string but when I run ethereal
(which shows me what's actually being sent to the webservice) I see
that no data is being sent for the password.

So I tried using ByteArray instead - and this shows data being sent -
 but not the data I tried to store in the ByteArray... I tried
storing the string into the ByteArray using writeUTF,
writeMultiByte, looping through the string and storing each char
code in each ByteArray element... no luck as yet - the value of the
ByteArray being sent to the Service always seems to have a value
different from the value I'm trying to set it to!

I'm certain this is a case of pure ignorance on my part - does
anyone both understand what I'm trying to do and also understand why
it's not right ?! If so... help!!!!

Thanks,

Jamie.