Hi Jason. Probably not a great reason why it shouldn't be exposed, other
than it wasn't designed to be.  i.e., log a bug, enhancement request,
etc. because I think it's a good idea. In the meantime, if you want, you
could subclass your chart type, and define a method:

Public function publicInvalidateDataBecauseElyIsStupid():void

{

                This.invalidateData();

}

But since invalidateData wasn't designed to be a publicly visible
method, no guarantees on what bad effects this will have. None that I
can think of, just keep your cat away from the computer the first time
you run it J

Ely.