Tom:

I do use Adobe's flash detection.  I wasn't using the var minVersion so,
that's my bad.  Actually, I have issues with swfObject and logging
people out of our php session so i never use it.

Adobe's solution is good, except it's very exacting, the way it's
implemented on a page.  For instance, don't try to use Adobe's detection
kit in one long set of js code in the middle of the page... It doesn't
seem to work that way for IE.  Also, I even tried to have php echo
javascript, which I thought was excellent but did not work around the
click to activate garbage.

The issue for this situation is that there's a bunch of php files and I
am inserting flash into one part of a page, in this case I couldn't edit
the file with the head tag because there's several pages that had
different head tags that my or may not include the script with my flash
embed tag.   I assume for flash detection to be perfect from adobe, you
need  to include the AC_OETag.js file in the head.  Alternatively, I had
just just before the flash and that was my issue.  I am not sure why of
the reason for this?  Maybe someone can shed some light on this topic as
I am not Mr. Javascript

Thanks,
Patrick

Tom Chiverton wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 May 2007, {reduxdj} wrote:
>
>> I got a little worked up today, but doesn't this stuff drive developers
>> crazy?  Lately, all my time is spent figuring out why embedding
>> flash in ie7 fails to give me back a non-defined "id" error in ie  and
>> other cross browser compatibility issues of the sort.  My hack was
>>

> Is something wrong with the Adobe Flash Detection Kit / SWFObject ?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: