You could use ITEM_ROLL_OVER instead, or set alpha to 0.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of tddclare
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 1:31 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] list itemrenderer rollover without backgroundColor
/ alpha?

I have an component (HBox) that I'm using for a List's itemRenderer.
I added handlers for "rollOver" and "rollOut" to try to make a "delete
this item" button appear and disappear for each item as you roll over
/ out of it.

The button was fizzling on and off until I set the background color
and alpha of the HBox (to 0x00000 and 1.0)... then the button appeared
and disappeared as expected. Changed the color to 0xFFFFFF to make it
look better and thought I was home free.

Only issue is that the list's selection highlight doesn't show thru
the backgroundColor.

Is there any other way to get the HBox's rollover handler to see the
rollOver without setting the background color/alpha? Or am I doing
something wrong?

Thanks!

-- TC