I just can't see why I can't get the chart data to display. Looking at
examples, the XML data can be directly and easily bound to the chart.

but it still won't display. Do I need to refresh it (somehow?) because
the data won't return until onResultReturn() runs? no errors, just no
data showing.

any suggestions?
thanx

<mx:ColumnChart x="388" y="0" id="columnchart1" height="323"
width="390" dataProvider="{questionaire.question}">
<mx:series>
        <mx:ColumnSeries yField="rating" />
</mx:series>
<mx:horizontalAxis>
        <mx:CategoryAxis categoryField="question" />
</mx:horizontalAxis>
</mx:ColumnChart>

the format of the XML is simple

<questionaire>
  <question id="aaa" rating="2" />
  <question id="bbb" rating="4" />
  <question id="ccc" rating="6" />
  <question id="ddd" rating="8" />
  <question id="eee" rating="10" />
</questionaire>

it's being retrieved with HTTPService (e4x) and can be accessed and
edited in textboxes, etc, without issue.

public function onResultReturn(event:ResultEvent):void
{
        questionaire = new XML(event.result);
        lastIndex = questionaire.children().length()-1;
        first(); // move to the first question to start