Would this be what you are looking for?

http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flex_Module_for_Apache_and_IIS

Giles

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Austin Kottke
Sent: 17 May 2007 21:09
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Flex cookbook article: Flex2 XML Reader Can
Create UIComponents

Ely,

    I find runtime MXML something that would be invaluable.

    It is something that if implemented could make developing in flex a
lot more scaleable and integration with the server end would be a lot
more feasible. (As in doing HTTPRequests where serverside MXML could be
generated through Velocity/JSP and then given back to the ui) A lot of
developers don't know a thing about flex, but can learn basic MXML for
layout or simple scripting and implement basic server side operations.
And if these are kept just as mxml it makes updates in the future
easier. We can then just tell someone (edit the MXML) and you're done,
instead of "download the flex sdk, set your ant build, yada ya" -- some
aren't programmers, but MXML is very easy to learn. It's a lot more
confrontable for a designer/layout guy to tackle.

    Anyway, runtime MXML would be something that would majorly increase
scalability and integration with servers - similar to the Apache IIS mod
for JSP, etc - the only problem is that it's just for Apache or IIS.
Some run tomcat, resin, etc. But having it on the client end would
eliminate this problem.

Best, austin

Ely Greenfield wrote:

        Austin et. al. -

        There are a number of features of MXML that simply can't be
replicated at runtime. Things like script blocks. Other features would
be prohibitively difficult (arbitrary binding expressions, @Embed,
mx:Component, among others).  You could reduce MXML to a
runtime-parsable subset, and I know various people have taken various
approaches to this.  The more you reduce it, the easier it would be to
replicate...removing repeaters, implicit arrays, default properties,
etc. would get you down to something that could be implemented in a
reasonable amount of time.

        I'm curious...how many people would find runtime MXML to be
important to them?

        Ely.