From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alex Harui
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 12:29 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Flex Component still active, even know
TitleWindow it resides in, is deleted -

You can't really blow things away in AS3 (or Java).  You kill all
references to them and they go away when garbage collected.  If you are
listening to the app model, it means the app model has a reference to
the event listener and thus it won't go away.  Use weak references or
clean up when removed from the display list.