From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of havardfl
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 6:38 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] DataGrid ItemEditor being closed when other
component is updated

I'm having some trouble with an editable DataGrid... I have one
DataGrid that is editable, and then a List that is not.

The List is bound to an XMLListCollection (Same thing happens
ArrayCollection), which gets items added to it constantly.

Now, when I click one of the columns in the editable DataGrid, the
itemeditor gets opened, but is closed the moment the second DataGrid
is updated... (If I use a DataGrid instead of a List as the second
item, the closing of the ItemEditor only seems to happen once the
second DataGrid has enough items to create a ScrollBar).

Has anyone else experienced this, and does anyone know of a solution?

Example Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml
<http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml> "
layout="vertical" creationComplete="onCreated(event)" xmlns:local="*">
<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[
import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;

[Bindable]
private var dp1:ArrayCollection;
[Bindable]
private var dp2:ArrayCollection;
private var t:Timer;
private function onCreated(event:Event):void
{
dp2 = new ArrayCollection();
dp2.addItem({b:"Try editing this"});

t = new Timer(1000);
t.addEventListener(TimerEvent.TIMER, onTimer);
t.start();

dp1 = new ArrayCollection();
}
private function onTimer(event:TimerEvent):void{
dp1.addItem({a:"1"});
}

]]>
</mx:Script>

<mx:DataGrid dataProvider="{dp2}" editable="true">
<mx:columns>
<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="test" dataField="b" editable="true"/>
</mx:columns>
</mx:DataGrid>
<mx:List dataProvider="{dp1}" labelField="a"/>
</mx:Application>