I don't think the Projector approach will work for your case.  I know
with AS2, the browser was required for remoting calls using
HTTPService and the like, and I haven't heard of anything changing
with AS3.  It should be simple enough to test if you want to be
absolutely sure.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "André Rodrigues Pena"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi, thanks for your reply Doug and Brendan.
>
> what about the sandbox? I need to access resources in the web. Is it
> possible to build an EXE application capable of that? I know I can
do it
> with Apollo, but I'm thinking of a compiled approach
>
> On 6/8/07, Brendan Meutzner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   And then there are more powerful tools like Zinc :
> > http://www.multidmedia.com/software/zinc/
> >

> > Brendan
> >

> > On 6/8/07, Doug Lowder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > >   From the standalone Flash Player, you can select File->Create
> > > Projector... to create a .exe.
> > >
> > > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%
40yahoogroups.com>, "André