I get the database part, I get HTTPServices (enough to botch my way
through it thanks to Tracy), but for a blog I'm trying to build (a
very simple blog!) I don't think HTTPService is the answer. I think I
need to use CF Remoting.

There are examples all over the place, some very simple (read a query
into a DG), some very complex (I'm trying to unravel mytodolist), but
nothing I'm finding really does just a basic CRUD. They all include
the things you'd hope to see, i.e., validation, checking IDs,
performing various methods, etc. and it's convoluting the learning
process for me.

For example, enter data into say 3 textfields (let's say ID, title,
content fields in SQL/Access), commit these textfields via 3 buttons
(functions as the create of the CRUD), and read that back into a
DataGrid, for which:

columns 1-3 allow you to click on the field in a particular row and
change the field (rename a title for example right in the datagrid),
i.e., functions as the read/update of the CRUD.  Hitting enter commits
the change to the db.

column 4: a button in an itemrenderer coded to delete the entry
altogether - functions as the delete of the CRUD.

Useless in the real world, but it will help me to understand Remoting
with Flex/CF.

Would someone be willing to help guide me through that? I just want to
see the very core stuff so I can at least get to the point where I can
begin actually using RemoteObject/CF/Flex integration, and obviously
I'll have to build on the complexity from there.

The first steps are always the hardest...and I practically had an
aneurysm trying to get HTTPServices working...

p.s. I'm about to move my Flex to my new development box, after using
my crapper for the last few months - will I have licencing issues?
It's only going to be on the new development box. The crapper won't
have Flex anymore...I only have the single license CD.

Shawn