I hear a new version of Flash Media Server is in the works that should support AS3. I don't know if that's slated to arrive this year though...

cheers,

jon

On Aug 27, 2007, at 11:06 AM, Bruce Hopkins wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any technologies that all you to run Actionscript 3 on the server side? I'm a traditional Java/J2EE programmer, and I've become REALLY lazy when it comes to XML parsing now. The "." and ".." and ".@" operators are really convenient mechanisms for parsing even the most complex forms of XML. Does anyone know of any servers that allow server side Actionscript 3 (I'm especially interested in parsing XML with the dot-notation).

Thanks,

Bruce