I think this might be a classic programming questions rather than Flex's.

I have a custom Object with an ArrayCollection as one of its property.
I added a COLLECTION_CHANGE listener on that ArrayCollection. In its
handler function, I need a reference to the object that contains the
ArrayCollection.

Yes, I could've had the object as a global instance so I can access it
directly in the function, but another caveat to this is there could be
several of these objects, and looping through them one by one to find
if they own a particular ArrayCollection might not be a choice.

Is there another way to somehow obtain a reference to the
ArrayCollection owner's object?

Thanks!