Looks like MenuItemRenderer turned on its side.  Start with that code.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Kyle Neath
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 3:45 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Optimizing my HeaderRenderer

If someone can help me get this working, I've got $15 in Paypal for
them.  Seriously, I know I feel stupid but I don't know how to make this
renderer lighter weight.  Don't need any 100% code -- just some
information to get the basics ( i.e. should I use Button? should I use
Image? should I use something else?  how do I lay these things out
without a canvas element?).  It's currently taking around 6-7 seconds to
scroll horizontally in my datagrid because of these things.  They are
fixed width and fixed height if that'll help me somewhere along the line
w/ CPU.