Dylan -

Your repeated component can be accessed via an array that has the name of the repeated component.

For example:
        <mx:Repeater id="rp" dataProvider="{groupsAC}">
<mx:VBox id="groupBox" verticalScrollPolicy="off" horizontalScrollPolicy="off" width="100%"> ...

The VBox identified as "groupBox" would be accessed via groupBox[index] as follows

for(x = 0; x < this.groupsAC.length && foundIt == false; x++) { var currBox:VBox = groupBox[x];
                  if(groupsAC[x].meetsMyCriteria...)
                 {
                    foundIt = true;
                    scrollableBox.verticalScrollPosition = currBox.y;
break; }
             }

hth
Scott

djdyland wrote:

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>, "djdyland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How do you jump to a section of a page or panel kinda like how you
can
> in html.. like "Go To Top of Page"?
>
> Thanks
> Dylan

Anyone??

maybe I'm not explaining myself right.. I have a canvas that
contains many elements created from a repeater, this canvas contains
a scroll bar since there are more elements than the size of the
canvas.. I also have some buttons at the top of the page. I want
these buttons to cause the canvas to focus or scroll to these
componts when pressed.. This can easily be done in html.. how about
in flex?

I tried storing the y position of each element and then use the
canvas.verticalScrollPosition + element[0].y.. but because it seems
that becuase the element is in a repeater it doesn't store the y
position?

There has got to be an easy way to do this!

Thanks
Dylan