In the Creating and extending Flex components manual, the event
metadata  tag syntax to be:

[Event(name="eventName", type="package.EventType")]

If I use that syntax with the quotes around the package name within a
metadata tag in and mxml file in FB3, it breaks code hinting.  If I
remove the quotes, code hinting works and everything compiles correctly.

The exception is if the event type is flash.events.Event in which case
FB reports an error if I remove the quotes but is happy if I remove
the type clause entirely.

Am I likely to run into a future version of the compiler that will
choke on the missing quotes?