Thanks, Matt. I actually tried, but that "fontSize" applys to the axis
title only.

I even tried the following customized axisrenderer, but still the
fontSize set in this renderer has no effect on labels.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Label xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml
<http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml> "
  creationComplete="setTxt()" fontSize="12" textAlign="right"
  paddingTop="0" paddingBottom="0" paddingLeft="0" paddingRight="0">
  <mx:Script>
   <![CDATA[
   private function setTxt():void{
       text = data.value;