I am using the following item render to display a font list and render each in
its particular font style.
The dataProvider is XML and the itemRenderer is used for a comboBox.

The problem is the application of the font style is inconsistent - each time
the
comboBox is opened the items are rendered and may or may not have a font style
-
sometimes even a style from another item in the list.

How can I make this display list more bullet-proof ?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:HBox xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
        width="150" height="20"
        creationComplete = "doInit()" horizontalGap="0"
        horizontalAlign="center" verticalAlign="middle"
        horizontalScrollPolicy="off" backgroundColor="#c0c0c0">
        <mx:Script>
                <![CDATA[

                        private function doInit():void{
                                var f = data.family
                                fontI.setStyle("fontFamily", f)
                                trace(f)
                        }

                ]]>
        </mx:Script>
        <mx:Text text = "{data.label}" id="fontI" />
</mx:HBox>

Ben Marchbanks

::: alQemy ::: transforming information into intelligence
http://www.alQemy.com

::: magazooms ::: digital magazines
http://www.magazooms.com

Greenville, SC