Tracy, thanks for the reply. I have familiarized myself with the adobe
resources but appreciate the other links. A few look familiar, but it would
have taken me quite awhile to compile my own list, I'm sure.

Thank you also for the assurance that I can be successful without having to
worry about Flash (one thing at a time, lol!).

I guess I really need to know where to get a good foundation in
ActionScript. I've been to actionscript.org and a few related sites but
things seem to be in bits and pieces there (or there's just too much to wade
through when you don't know what you're doing) and without the foundation to
lay upon, I'm still a bit lost. Any recommended books or sites? Thanks
again.

-Terri J.