What version of Moxie? i am running M2 Beta 1 Release (build 3.0.172437) and it doesn't work.

charles

On Oct 2, 2007, at 5:52 PM, Alex Harui wrote:

When I ran your app, I used Moxie and it worked fine. In 2.x, it does not and the reason has to do with those pesky 'can't bind..." warnings

In 2.x, the data property of the renderer is not reassigned as since the label is looking for the .data subproperty but it isn't bindable, it can't see that either.

In Moxie, it looks like we're slightly more tolerant.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Charles Galpin
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 1:52 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] TileList invalidateList not working

On Oct 2, 2007, at 3:29 PM, Alex Harui wrote:

By default, and for performance reasons, there is no write- detection to properties. You use proxy, [bindable] or setters to detect writes.

Collections will watch their items for changes if they can, but you are using dynamic objects and they have to write-detection. Collections have an itemUpdated method to allow you to manually notify the collection that something that could not be watched changed.

Yeah I was trying to keep it simple and show a non-binding example, but maybe I oversimplified. Typically we end up setting multiple properties at once and get a flurry of events when only one is needed with bindable properties.

but I tried the itemUpdated method and it isn't working for me. I tried both

        var obj:Object = dataCollection.getItemAt(indices[i]);
        obj.data = val.text;
        dataCollection.itemUpdated(obj);

and

        var obj:Object = dataCollection.getItemAt(indices[i]);
        obj.data = val.text;
        dataCollection.itemUpdated(dataCollection.getItemAt(indices[i]));

What am I doing wrong?

But looking at the docs did clue me in on the disableAutoUpdate() and enableAutoUpdate() methods which I'll try for our objects with bindable properties.

thanks
charles
p.s. In case you don't hear it enough, thanks for the time you devote to this list - I am sure it goes well beyond the call of duty as an adobe employee.