--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy Spratt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok, the customer is always right.
>
> "...which instance of a repeater component was clicked..."
>
> This is not difficult if you repeat a custom component.  See
snippets below.

No, I meant that they clicked say repeater component that was created
at loop 3 vs. loop 6, so that you could retrieve the text of the XML
node in the parent application and edit it there, since the embedded
SWF has no capability to write to the hard drive.  I did some
experiments with that and wasn't able to get them to work within the
time I had to prototype.  That means that the amount of time it
_would_ take is a variable I can't estimate.  That's not a good bet
for my client.

It seems that Flex is very dicey in that way, in that even seasoned
Flex users frequently come up against stuff that doesn't work as
you'd expect.

Thanks, though;

Amy