Have you set an item renderer for the check box column?  Something like the
following:

<mx:DataGridColumn dataField="Confirmed"

                editable="true"

                rendererIsEditor="true"

                itemRenderer="mx.controls.CheckBox"

                editorDataField="selected"/>

This will bind the value back into your data provider as it is
clicked/selected.

Also, to iterate through your ArrayCollection, you reference it differently
than a regular array as it is likely a collection of objects.  You'll
iterate through it with something like :

var i : uint;

                        var thisItem : YourItemClass;

                        for( i = 0 ; i < myData.length; i++){

                              thisItem = YourItemClass( myData.getItemAt(i)
);

                        }

Hope that helps,

Nate Nielsen