You can save SWFs for sure, and while it might be possible to pull
down an FLV into a ByteArray you would have no way of viewing it,
afaik. Loader has a method called loadBytes, which expects a
ByteArray, to display SWFs or images. NetStream and any other
video/audio-related classes do not have such a method, again, afaik.

This would be great, but Adobe might have avoided that for a number of
reasons, including having tight control over methods for getting
video/audio into Flash.

--

Derek Vadneau