From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of real_yoni
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 4:39 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Treeview - On demand updating of child nodes.

The tree defenition:

<mx:Tree id="accountTree" height="100%" width="100%"
dataProvider="{accountsData}" labelField="@name"
iconFunction="treeIcon" itemClick="onItemClicked(event);" >
</mx:Tree>

Upon loading I'm calling this fuction that works great:

private function handleGetAccounts(result:XML): Boolean
{
accountsData = new XMLListCollection(result.act);
return true;
}

Upon clicking on an item I'm calling this function which doesn't work

private function handleGetChildren(result:XML): Boolean
{
if (accountTree.selectedItem != null)
{
accountTree.selectedItem.setChildren(new
XMLListCollection(result.act))

accountTree.expandItem(accountTree.selectedItem,true,true);
}
return true;
}

*** The handle messages are being called after the async call of
HTTPSerivce has return