You may be better off using the SuperTabBar <http://flexlib.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/docs/flexlib/controls/SuperTabBar.html> component from flexlib.

hth
Scott

Scott Melby
Founder, Fast Lane Software LLC
http://www.fastlanesw.com

nasawebguy wrote:

I want to show/hide tabs based on user permissions. Permissions work
fine on combo boxes, etc. But not tabs. What I do on the combos is
simply set myCB.visible = true, if they have permissions to see it.

I tried things like setting the tab canvas to true/false. Didn't do
anything.
I tried myTabCanvas.visible = false/true. Didn't do anything.
I tried myTabNav.getChildAt(1).visible=false/true. Didn't do anything.
I tried myTabNav.removeChildAt(2), etc. Didn't do anything.

I know the permissions-side works because I use it with other
component. I simple use an if/else to set visible= true/false.

I have four tabs. MyTab, MyTeamTab,MySubRegionTab, MyRegionTab. If the
user is team admin, he sees the team tab, etc. If the user is not an
admin at all, they just see one MyTab.

In general, I'm looking for what to fill in something like this..
if (adminTeam == true) {
show teamTab
}
else {
don't show teamTab
}

Any suggestions?

Also, does creationPolicy on the TabNavigator impact how this would
work? If it does, what should it be set to? creationPolicy has bitten
me before.:)

Thanks,
Don