Hi Brian,

These days I usually want to end up with strongly typed objects, so I
generally implement my VO classes so that they accept XML in their
constructor. I pass the XML node to the constructor, throw a "use
namespace" in there and then grab the properties I need from the XML.

HTH,
Ben

http://www.returnundefined.com/2006/07/datagrid-labelfunction-and-namespaces/

> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <briforge@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I've been trying to get a DataGrid populated from a WebService and
> > > having much trouble. I'm wondering if the issue might be namespace
> > > issues, but I'm confused by the usage and syntax of namespace
from the
> > > posts I've found here on that. There is no data in the DataGrid, but
> > > it does appear to flicker and slightly resize it self when I
call the
> > > service so it looks like _something_ is going on. I've bound the
> > > service response to an XMLListCollection so I can trace() it and
I can

wsdl="http://localhost:8080/OrderViewWeb/services/OrderableMed?wsdl";

xmlns="http://services.company.com";>ibuprofen</ns2:desc>