From: candysmate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:08:00 AM
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Flex for database apps; compare to .net

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, Michael Pengi <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

> Thanks, I'll focus on 3.0, though being new to flex and with the
docs for 3.0
> somewhat thin now, not sure what I'll be able to figure out. I
hope adobe
> provides some straightforward db oriented tutorials, web services
play only
> a minor role in most of my fellow developer's workload, db
interaction is
> where it's at.
>
> I'd appreciate anyone else's input on these subjects.

My current Flex development work is heavily MS SQL Server based. To
help with this I run my Flex swf inside a wrapper. The user now has
a desktop exe application. I use Janus (www.spaghettisort. com) for
this and it works great. You can connect to MS Access, MS SQL and
Oracle data. Check it out, it may be what you're looking for.

best, Graham Nichols

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs