I don't get what you mean to say ...

I have the code like this

<mx:ComboBox id="txtFamilyName"
                                                                   y="24"
left="10" right="10" editable="true"

focusIn="fetchAutoCompleteData(event, 'Family')"

dataProvider="{modelLocator.searchModel.family}"

focusOut="foucusOutHandler()"/>

in fetchAutoCompleteData function i will connect to database and
update modelLocator.searchModel.family variable which has a
databinding to ComboBox dataprovider. then the combobox will get
populated with the first item of modelLocator.searchModel.family array
. How can i avoid this?

and secondly the combobox grows its size to the max item fetched in
the array. how can i avoid that too.

Thanks,
Srikanth

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Tom Chiverton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Wednesday 14 Nov 2007, srikanth_reddy_007 wrote:
> > field. I don't want the first item to be populated by default? Does
> > anybody help me in achieve this ?
>
> If only some sort of 'prompt' paramater was listed on the LiveDocs, eh ?
>
> > body suggest me a way to bring truncated string with ... rather than
> > dynamically growing the combo box.
>
> You want a labelFunction there, I reckon.
>
> --
> Tom Chiverton
> Helping to authoritatively bully interdependent channels
> on: http://thefalken.livejournal.com

> This email is sent for and on behalf of Halliwells LLP.
>
> Halliwells LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in
England and Wales under registered number OC307980 whose registered
office address is at St James's Court Brown Street Manchester M2 2JF.
 A list of members is available for inspection at the registered
office.  Any reference to a partner in relation to Halliwells LLP
means a member of Halliwells LLP.  Regulated by The Solicitors
Regulation Authority.

> CONFIDENTIALITY
>
> This email is intended only for the use of the addressee named above
and may be confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not the
addressee you must not read it and must not use any information
contained in nor copy it nor inform any person other than Halliwells
LLP or the addressee of its existence or contents.  If you have
received this email in error please delete it and notify Halliwells
LLP IT Department on 0870 365 2500.