A quick google search didn't reveal anything, so just curious if the
group already knows this (and considers it a bug):

In mx:Tile's measure method, when it calculates how many tile can fit
vertically or horizontally, it factors in a gap for each tile, instead
of for each pair of tiles. So, it basically does the (pseudo-) math of
N * (tileWidth + horizontalGap) instead of N * tileWidth + (N - 1) *
horizontalGap. It does the correct calculation when actually
performing its layout and when calculating some other measured values,
so I assume its actually just a bug in this one specific calculation
(lines 407 and 418 in the Flex 2.0.1 SDK, Tile.as).

Am I crazy? Its very irritating as its requiring me to do some strange
manual setting of numbers to get things to layout correctly (and
basically requiring me to wrap things in an extra container because of
it).

Troy.