A little examplecode:
<<Start of code>>
//creates a new entry in the contextMenu
// which is handled by the (self-written) function doMyCommand(Event)
var myCMI:ContextMenuItem;
myCMI = new ContextMenuItem("myMenuCommand");
myCMI.addEventListener(ContextMenuEvent.MENU_ITEM_SELECT, doMyCommand);
this.treeComponentID.contextMenu.customItems.push(myCMI);
<<End of Code>>

Check the livedocs for ContextMenu(Item) to disable most of the
built-in items. Also, keep in mind that your menuItem can't be named
the same as one of the Items used by the Flashplayer (like: copy,
delete, ...)

--jeetee

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "yourName" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi iam new to this group and working with flex about one month.
> I want to add custom contex menu in tree component any one can help
me or can send a code sample can i display  popup menu when some one
right clicks on my tree menu.