The way I typically do this is to have a simple form (asking for only required data) above or below the grid. When the user adds data in this form I add the new row and then clear the form. If you don't want the form visible at all times use an mx:state to hide it until the user gestures that they want to add data... then hide it again after the data is added. Note: If you want even simpler just put an add button near the form, or context menu item, etc. then add the new row with dummy values when clicked.

hth
Scott

Scott Melby
Founder, Fast Lane Software LLC
http://www.fastlanesw.com

yourName wrote:

I have a flex grid with editable="true" but the problem is i can only edit data in the grid but can not add entire new row to the grid how can i do this . empty cells r always un-editbale how can make thses cells editable as well
plz help me..........