You can get at the contents of the messages using <mx:TraceTarget> on
the client, which will spit a whole load of stuff to your console in
debug mode.

I don't use an http service, but I know that on the server you can
alter the level of logging by adjusting the contents of the logging
tag in services-config.xml.

hth
Simon